After I got a little carried away using Adobe Premiere Pro this trailer was the result.
Sneak Peak: First attempts to communicate with my loyal companion:
The truck has enough electronics of all sorts to be experimented with and a after a brief moment of hesitation I quickly decided that my vehicle is in dire need of new features. Given that I knew my way around basic 12V car systems from several DIY repairs and Sound system installs I was eager to see what can be done with this unusual hybrid of expensive, thoroughly tested car electronics and an off the shelf $49.99, put together in the garage, arduino.
The Ideas of features that I want to implement are as follows in perceived levels of hardness (going from easy to WTF_BBQ...)
- Daytime Running Lights - run some leds only when the mainbeams are off
- HID protection - Protect my xenon lights from being turned/off to quickly
- Strobe Mode - Blinky Blinks... Make the car flash all sorts of colors and patters. Basically the Pin13 flasher program on steroids.
- Brake Light Suppression - Not Brake lights (this is for testing purposes only, don't try at home bla bla bla)
- Stealth Mode - Suppress ALL Exterior lighting with the push of a button. Perhaps turn on some IR leds and an NVcamera to still see where you are going.
- Pushbutton Start/Ignition System (perhaps even remotely!)- Make the arduino start and stop the engine. While this might seem simple this is safety critical so it gets bumped up some levels.
- Remote Control - control all the functions remotely with my Android phone
- Bluetooth - via a serial module
- RFID/BT Anthitheft and Keyless Entry - If and Only If my phone is is within RFID range of the car unlock the doors and enable the starter. If phone gets out of range lock the doors.
- Communicate with the CAN BUS of the vehicle, Duplicate and HiJack onboard signals.